- Kris J. Alden, M.D., Ph.D.
- Steven G. Bardfield, M.D.
- Debdut Biswas, M.D.
- Brian J. Burgess, D.P.M.
- Giridhar Burra, M.D.
- Nikhil K. Chokshi, M.D.
- Steven C. Chudik, M.D.
- Michael J. Collins, M.D.
- Angela R. Crowley, M.D.
- Robert J. Daley, M.D.
- Ashraf H. Darwish, M.D.
- Evan A. Dougherty, M.D.
- Michael C. Durkin, M.D.
- Bradley D. Dworsky, M.D.
- T. Andrew Ehmke, D.O.
- Marc R. Fajardo, M.D.
- Bernard J. Feldman, M.D.
- Bryant S. Ho, M.D.
- Jason G. Hurbanek, M.D.
- Marie Kirincic, M.D.
- Justin M. LaReau, M.D.
- Mark A. Lorenz, M.D.
- Steven S. Louis, M.D.
- Steven W. Miller, D.P.M.
- Elliot A. Nacke, M.D.
- Ronak M. Patel, M.D.
- Anuj S. Puppala, M.D.
- Jeffrey Staron, M.D.
- Cary R. Templin, M.D.
- Robert J. Thorsness, M.D.
- Leah R. Urbanosky, M.D.
- Michael R. Zindrick, M.D.
Steven C. Chudik, M.D.
Arthroscopic Shoulder & Knee Surgery,
Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
Board certified in orthopaedic surgery and sports medicine, Dr. Chudik is a pioneer in arthroscopic shoulder and knee surgery for "athletes" of all abilities - from budding athlete and professional to weekend warrior and weekday worker. Dr. Chudik prides himself on providing individualized care and developing a treatment plan that is right for each patient's lifestyle and functional goals.
Practicing at Hinsdale Orthopaedics since 2002, Dr. Chudik specializes in arthroscopic repair and revisions for shoulder rotator cuff, labral and cartilage tears and knee ACL, ligament, meniscus, and cartilage injuries. Dr. Chudik developed several advanced arthroscopic techniques, instruments, and implants to improve patient outcomes, including rebuilding a broken glenoid (shoulder socket), resurfacing (replacing) a shoulder joint, revising previously failed ACL surgeries, and reconstructing ACL tears without injuring the growth plate.
A graduate of the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Dr. Chudik continues his academic pursuits as a clinical assistant professor for Loyola University of Chicago where he collaborates with other faculty and teaches orthopaedic residents and medical students. Dr. Chudik has established an orthopaedic research and education foundation that funds research, conferences, and seminars for other healthcare professionals and community members, a newsletter, and an athletic training residency program, all to promote safe, active, and healthy lifestyles for people in his community.
Dr. Chudik is an active researcher, collaborating with scientists at Argonne National Laboratory and Hines VA Musculoskeletal Biomechanics Laboratory to help develop new and improved orthopaedic treatments for his patients. He is an author of numerous papers and patents and continues to strive to develop new, innovative, and minimally invasive shoulder and knee surgical procedures. He is a reviewer for two prestigious orthopaedic journals; The American Journal of Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy and Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery. Dr. Chudik is a member of the Council of Delegates, as well as a committee member for the American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine. He serves as a faculty instructor for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Shoulder and Elbow Society, and the Arthroscopy Association of North America, where he lectures and demonstrates new and advanced surgical techniques to other orthopaedic surgeons from around the world. He also serves as team physician for the USA Swimming Sports Medicine and Science Network High Performance Team.
- Fellowship, Shoulder Surgery, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Fellowship, Sports Medicine, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Residency, University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC
- M.D., University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedics Sports Medicine
- Certified Independent Medical Examiner (ABIME)
Areas of Specialty
- Clavicle Fractures
- Failed Shoulder Surgeries
- Labral Tears
- Proximal Humerus Fractures
- Rotator Cuff Tears
- Shoulder Arthritis and Replacement
- Shoulder Dislocations
- ACL, MCL, LCL, PCL, Pediatric ACL
- Cartilage Tears
- Failed ACL Surgery
- Ligament Injuries
- Meniscus Tears
- Osteochronditis Dissecans (OCD)
- Patellar Dislocations
- Achilles (Ankle)
- Biceps/Triceps (Elbow)
- Patella/Quadricep (Knee)
- Pec Major/Biceps (Shoulder)
Current & Previous Appointments
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics/Sports Performance Institute
- Medical Director, Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Loyola University of Chicago
- Research Associate, Argonne National Laboratories
- Research Associate, Hines VA Musculoskeletal Biomechanics Laboratory
- Founder, Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine Teaching and Research Foundation (OTRF)
- President, Orthopaedic Technologies
- Team Physician, High Performance Network, USA Swimming
- Reviewer, Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery
- Reviewer, American Journal of Sports Medicine
- Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
- Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Elmhurst Memorial Hospital
- Munster Specialty Surgery Center
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- Team Physician, High Performance Network, USA Swimming
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- "I am doing things now I couldn’t before my surgery with Dr. Chudik. I have my active lifestyle back and I’m looking forward to being able to play with my daughter as she grows up. Maybe even teach her how to play rugby. - Shawn B."
- "Dr. Chudik gave me my life back. I’m able to do things that had been impossible for years and even try some new ones I would never have considered like paddle boarding. I never realized how much I was compensating to make up for my bad shoulder. I’m so glad I found Dr. Chudik. - Debbie B."
- "I had an extremely favorable impression of Hinsdale Orthopaedics and my experience with Dr. Chudik after successfully repairing my torn meniscus in my right knee."