- Kris J. Alden, M.D., Ph.D.
- Steven G. Bardfield, M.D.
- Debdut Biswas, M.D.
- Brian J. Burgess, D.P.M.
- Giridhar Burra, M.D.
- Nikhil K. Chokshi, M.D.
- Steven C. Chudik, M.D.
- Michael J. Collins, M.D.
- Angela R. Crowley, M.D.
- Robert J. Daley, M.D.
- Ashraf H. Darwish, M.D.
- Evan A. Dougherty, M.D.
- Michael C. Durkin, M.D.
- Bradley D. Dworsky, M.D.
- T. Andrew Ehmke, D.O.
- Marc R. Fajardo, M.D.
- Bernard J. Feldman, M.D.
- Bryant S. Ho, M.D.
- Jason G. Hurbanek, M.D.
- Marie Kirincic, M.D.
- Justin M. LaReau, M.D.
- Mark A. Lorenz, M.D.
- Steven S. Louis, M.D.
- Steven W. Miller, D.P.M.
- Elliot A. Nacke, M.D.
- Ronak M. Patel, M.D.
- Anuj S. Puppala, M.D.
- Jeffrey Staron, M.D.
- Cary R. Templin, M.D.
- Robert J. Thorsness, M.D.
- Leah R. Urbanosky, M.D.
- Michael R. Zindrick, M.D.
Nikhil K. Chokshi, M.D.
Joint Replacement, Trauma & Orthopaedic Oncology
Staff Physician, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
Dr. Nikhil K. Chokshi is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon who treats all types of orthopaedic conditions, but focuses particularly on joint replacement, trauma and orthopaedic oncology. Dr. Chokshi grew up in Crystal Lake, Illinois where he graduated high school valedictorian and was named to the Chicago Tribune all-state academic team. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from Washington University in St. Louis where he also completed medical school. He completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at Seton Hall University in New Jersey, where he was named Outstanding Chief Resident and received multiple teaching awards.
Following his residency, Dr. Chokshi completed two fellowships at University of Sydney/Royal Prince Alfred Hospital; Arthroplasty and Orthopaedic Oncology as well as Orthopaedic Trauma. He joins Hinsdale Orthopaedics after practicing in central Illinois for seven years.
Dr. Chokshi specializes in the direct anterior approach to total hip replacement surgery. This is a minimally invasive technique that provides less discomfort, a faster recovery, and enhanced mobility for patients undergoing hip surgery. He also performs patient-specific performs knee replacements which allow the surgeon to customize the surgery to a patient’s unique knee anatomy, reducing the risk of misalignment. These technologies improve the patient’s outcome by extending implant longevity and helping the patient regain an active lifestyle. Dr. Chokshi performs complex revision surgeries including direct anterior hip revision surgery, distal femur replacement, proximal tibial replacement, and total femoral replacement. He also performs oncologic resections, reconstructions, and reverse total shoulder arthroplasty.
Dr. Chokshi has performed extensive research to continually improve outcomes of treatment. Dr. Chokshi partners with his patients throughout their entire treatment and recovery process, working together to achieve positive results. Dr. Chokshi is also active in sports and has completed four marathons.
- Fellowship, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
- Residency, Seton Hall University, Paterson, NJ
- M.D., Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- Orthopedic Surgery
Areas of Specialty
- Anterior Total Hip Arthroplasty, Including Revision
- Hip, Knee & Shoulder Replacement
- Reverse Shoulder Replacement
- Orthopaedic Trauma
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Knee & Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Shoulder, Elbow, Hands, Hips & Knees
- Work-related Injuries
Current & Previous Appointments
- Staff Physician, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Staff Physician, McLean County Orthopedics
- Presence St. Joseph Medical Center
- Silver Cross Hospital
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Munster Specialty Surgery Center
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), Fellow
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS), Fellow
- International Congress for Joint Reconstruction (ICJR)
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Resident Member
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association, Resident Member