- Kris J. Alden, M.D., Ph.D.
- Steven G. Bardfield, M.D.
- Brian J. Burgess, D.P.M.
- Giridhar Burra, M.D.
- Nikhil K. Chokshi, M.D.
- Steven C. Chudik, M.D.
- Angela R. Crowley, M.D.
- Robert J. Daley, M.D.
- Ashraf H. Darwish, M.D.
- Evan A. Dougherty, M.D.
- Michael C. Durkin, M.D.
- Bradley D. Dworsky, M.D.
- T. Andrew Ehmke, D.O.
- Marc R. Fajardo, M.D.
- Bernard J. Feldman, M.D.
- Bryant S. Ho, M.D.
- Jason G. Hurbanek, M.D.
- Marie Kirincic, M.D.
- Justin M. LaReau, M.D.
- Mark A. Lorenz, M.D.
- Steven S. Louis, M.D.
- Steven W. Miller, D.P.M.
- Elliot A. Nacke, M.D.
- Ronak M. Patel, M.D.
- Anuj S. Puppala, M.D.
- Jeffrey Staron, M.D.
- Cary R. Templin, M.D.
- Robert J. Thorsness, M.D.
- Leah R. Urbanosky, M.D.
- Michael R. Zindrick, M.D.
Steven S. Louis, M.D.
Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
An integral part of the Hinsdale Orthopaedics team since 1997, Dr. Louis' exceptional surgical skills are complemented by a personable style and dedication to the highest quality patient outcomes and satisfaction. He is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon and is fellowship trained in the area of trauma. His post-residency training allows him to treat patients with traumatic injury, particularly those with pelvic injuries, complex fractures, nonunions, and infections. Additionally, Dr. Louis' practice focuses on hip and knee replacements.
Dr. Louis is one of few surgeons in the Chicago area who performs total hip replacement using the Direct Anterior Approach. Expanding on the pelvic trauma reconstructive work that he does, this procedure has been a natural and comfortable transition. For knee replacements, Dr. Louis uses a customized system made specifically for each patient's anatomy.
Dr. Louis is the Director of Orthopaedic Trauma at Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove, Illinois, a Level I Trauma Center. He also serves as the Chairman of the Operating Room Committee and Chairman of the Department of Surgery. He is an instructor for the Association for the Study of Internal Fixation (ASIF), clinical instructor at Loyola Medical Center, and clinical instructor for the Direct Anterior Approach Total Hip Arthroplasty, training surgeons, residents and other healthcare professionals. Dr. Louis is also an active clinical faculty member of the American Hip Institute. Dr. Louis dedicates considerable time to lecturing and to hands-on training of other physicians, medical students, nurses, and allied health professionals.
- Fellowship, Orthopaedic Trauma, The Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Residency, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Internship, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- M.D., Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Areas of Specialty
- Direct Anterior Hip Replacement
- Trauma/Complex Fracture Management
- Nonunion/Malunion of Fractures
- Pelvic & Acetabulum Reconstructive Surgery
- Knee Replacement
Current & Previous Appointments
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Director, Orthopaedic Trauma, Good Samaritan Hospital
- Chairman, Department of Surgery, Good Samaritan Hospital
- Chairman of OR Committee, Good Samaritan Hospital
- Clinical Instructor, Loyola University Medical Center
- Clinical Instructor, Direct Anterior Approach Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Staff Physician, Hinsdale Hospital, Good Samaritan Hospital
Awards & Honors
- US News & World Report Top Doctor, Orthopaedics
- Hinsdale Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- Team Physician, High Performance Network, USA Swimming
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association
- AO-ASIF Instructor/Faculty Member
- DuPage County Medical Society
- Illinois Orthopaedic Society
- "Dr. Louis is an outstanding surgeon and he is the most personable health professional I've ever worked with. In addition to being technically proficient with the most advanced hip implant technology, he is patient, caring, and a good listener. He answered my many questions on the techniques and materials specified for my total hip arthroplasty in a way that made me comfortable going forward with the operation. he is excellent in post-operative follow-up and assisted with additional health concerns throughout the year following the operation. I enthusiastically recommend him to anyone needing similar care."
- "My experience with Dr. Louis was outstanding. He is an excellent surgeon and the whole surgical experience was wonderful. I cannot give enough kudos to Dr. Louis and his PA's. For Additional Testimonials, Visit Dr. Louis' Website"