- Kris J. Alden, M.D., Ph.D.
- Steven G. Bardfield, M.D.
- Brian J. Burgess, D.P.M.
- Giridhar Burra, M.D.
- Nikhil K. Chokshi, M.D.
- Steven C. Chudik, M.D.
- Michael J. Collins, M.D.
- Angela R. Crowley, M.D.
- Robert J. Daley, M.D.
- Ashraf H. Darwish, M.D.
- Evan A. Dougherty, M.D.
- Michael C. Durkin, M.D.
- Bradley D. Dworsky, M.D.
- T. Andrew Ehmke, D.O.
- Marc R. Fajardo, M.D.
- Bernard J. Feldman, M.D.
- Bryant S. Ho, M.D.
- Jason G. Hurbanek, M.D.
- Marie Kirincic, M.D.
- Justin M. LaReau, M.D.
- Mark A. Lorenz, M.D.
- Steven S. Louis, M.D.
- Steven W. Miller, D.P.M.
- Elliot A. Nacke, M.D.
- Ronak M. Patel, M.D.
- Anuj S. Puppala, M.D.
- Jeffrey Staron, M.D.
- Cary R. Templin, M.D.
- Robert J. Thorsness, M.D.
- Leah R. Urbanosky, M.D.
- Michael R. Zindrick, M.D.
Ronak M. Patel, M.D.
Sports Medicine & Arthroscopic Surgery
Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
Dr. Patel is a fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon specializing in all sports medicine injuries for adolescents and adults, including knee, shoulder and elbow.
With a special interest in complex knee disorders, his goal is to preserve the native joint. Dr. Patel is among the few physicians in Chicago performing advanced cartilage restoration procedures, osteotomies to reduce joint stresses, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection therapy, and other orthobiologic techniques. He treats ACL injuries, patellar dislocations, meniscal tears, multi-ligamentous knee injuries, and knee arthritis with minimally invasive and arthroscopic techniques. He is also extensively trained in arthroscopic management of shoulder problems, such as impingement, rotator cuff tears, and labral tears.
Dr. Patel trained at Northwestern University and completed his fellowship at the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic, building his expertise in the most innovative orthopaedic procedures. Dr. Patel practices evidence-based sports medicine and believes it is essential to know when ‘not to operate’.
- Fellowship, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Residency, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- M.D., Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- B.A., Northwestern University, Evanston, IL - Honors Program in Medical Education
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Areas of Specialty
- Sports Medicine - Adult & Adolescent
- Pediatric Injuries of the Knee
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
Current & Previous Appointments
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellow, Cleveland Browns - NFL, Cleveland Cavaliers - NBA, Cleveland Indians - MLB
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Resident, Chicago Blackhawks - NHL, Chicago Cubs - MLB
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Staff, Mahoning Valley Scrappers baseball, Baldwin Wallace (DIII) Yellow Jackets Football
- WNBA Chicago Sky - Assistant Team Physician
- Hinsdale Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- Elmhurst Memorial Hospital
- Munster Specialty Surgery Center
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association (MAOA)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)