- Kris J. Alden, M.D., Ph.D.
- Steven G. Bardfield, M.D.
- Debdut Biswas, M.D.
- Brian J. Burgess, D.P.M.
- Giridhar Burra, M.D.
- Nikhil K. Chokshi, M.D.
- Steven C. Chudik, M.D.
- Michael J. Collins, M.D.
- Robert J. Daley, M.D.
- Ashraf H. Darwish, M.D.
- Benjamin G. Domb, M.D.
- Evan A. Dougherty, M.D.
- Michael C. Durkin, M.D.
- Bradley D. Dworsky, M.D.
- T. Andrew Ehmke, D.O.
- Marc R. Fajardo, M.D.
- Bernard J. Feldman, M.D.
- Maria Francis, D.O.
- Bryant S. Ho, M.D.
- Jason G. Hurbanek, M.D.
- Marie Kirincic, M.D.
- Justin M. LaReau, M.D.
- Mark A. Lorenz, M.D.
- Steven S. Louis, M.D.
- Steven W. Miller, D.P.M.
- Elliot A. Nacke, M.D.
- Ronak M. Patel, M.D.
- Anuj S. Puppala, M.D.
- Jeffrey S. Staron, M.D.
- Cary R. Templin, M.D.
- Robert J. Thorsness, M.D.
- Leah R. Urbanosky, M.D.
- Michael R. Zindrick, M.D.
Jason G. Hurbanek, M.D.
Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
Dr. Hurbanek joined Hinsdale Orthopaedics in September of 2009 after completing a one-year fellowship in sports medicine at Ohio State University. While at Ohio State, Dr. Hurbanek trained with nationally renowned faculty and assisted in the care of Ohio State University athletes. Prior to his fellowship, Dr. Hurbanek completed a rigorous five-year residency at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, MI where he learned core orthopaedic surgical and non-surgical principles, most notably in knee replacement and trauma. Dr. Hurbanek is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS) with a Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) in Sports Medicine. He is actively participating in the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) process required by the ABOS.
Dr. Hurbanek attends national meetings and serves as a reviewer for Arthroscopy Journal in order to stay on the cutting edge of orthopaedic technology. He routinely incorporates these types of treatments into his practice. Dr. Hurbanek’s repertoire includes hip arthroscopy, use of biologics, patient specific instrumentation (PSI) to ensure accurate knee replacement positioning, Matrix-Induced Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation (MACI) and outpatient total joint replacement for appropriate patients.
Dr. Hurbanek believes in a team-oriented approach; by employing an experienced physician assistant (PA-C) and multiple athletic trainers (ATC) who serve as physician extenders, each patient is monitored through all stages of their treatment. Education and lifelong learning are priorities for Dr. Hurbanek and his team. To aid in the education of new healthcare professionals, he offers annual internships to athletic training, pre-physician assistant and pre-medical students who are interested in learning about innovative technology and quality of care in orthopaedic sports medicine.
Serving the community by caring for multiple local sports teams, Dr. Hurbanek has officially served as team physician for athletes from Joliet Junior College (JJC), The Joliet Slammers and Lincoln-Way Central High School. In addition, he has spoken at seminars for community groups on orthopaedics and sports medicine topics.
Dr. Hurbanek is active in professional societies including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), and the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM) where he serves on the Council of Delegates. Locally, he has held multiple leadership roles within Hinsdale Orthopaedics, including executive committee member and chair of the IT committee. During his fellowship, he was a co-founder of the Big Ten Fellows Society. Outside of medicine, he is active within the alumni societies of Denison University and Ohio State University and enjoys competing in marathons, sprint triathlons and spending time with his family.
- Fellowship, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Residency, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
- Internship, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
- M.D., Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH
- Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS)
- Certificate of Added Qualification (CAQ) Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
Areas of Specialty
- Knee: Arthroscopy, Primary & Revision ACL Reconstruction, Knee Ligament Reconstruction, Meniscus Repair, Cartilage Restoration, Partial Knee Replacement, Knee Replacement: Outpatient, Patient Specific Instrumentation
- Shoulder: Arthroscopy, Rotator Cuff Repair, Labral Repair (SLAP/Instability Management), Total & Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Elbow Arthroscopy
- Nonoperative Treatments for Arthritis & Tendonitis: Cortisone Injection, Viscosupplementation (Synvisc), Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), Stem Cell Therapy
- Treatment & Prevention of Youth Sports Injuries
- Worker’s Compensation
Current & Previous Appointments
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Recruitment Committee, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Executive Committee, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- IT Committee, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Medical Director: Alden Rehabilitation Center of Shorewood 2012-present
- Participating in ABOS Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Presence St. Joseph Medical Center
- Silver Cross Hospital
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- Munster Specialty Surgery Center
- Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Team Physician, Joliet Junior College, Joliet, IL
- Former Team Physician, Lincoln-Way Central High School, New Lenox, IL
- Former Team Physician, Joliet Slammers Professional Baseball, Joliet, IL
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine (AOSSM) - Illinois Council of Delegates (August 2015)
- Big 10 Fellows Sports Society (Co-Founder and Former Executive Committee Member)
- "To show her gratitude to Dr. Jason Hurbanek, Physician Assistant Sheri Lask and Dr. Feldman, one very generous patient delivered unique gifts for each."