Steven G. Bardfield, M.D.
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Staff Physician, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
Dr. Bardfield focuses on conservative, nonoperative methods of treating musculoskeletal and neurologic injuries. He is an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of lower back and neck disorders. Dr. Bardfield also specializes in X-ray guided lumbar epidural injections and other advanced spinal procedures. His expertise in nonsurgical spine care and the development of specific physical therapy plans allows his patients to return to an active life.
Dr. Bardfield has been an integral part of the Hinsdale Orthopaedics staff since 2001. He is active in the International Spine Intervention Society, the American Medical Association, and the Illinois State Medical Society. He is also board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation.
Following graduation from Loyola University School of Medicine, Dr. Bardfield completed his internship and residency at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. This broad-based program included training in spinal cord injury rehabilitation, musculoskeletal and soft-tissue injuries, and electromyography (EMG)/nerve conduction studies.
- Residency, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Internship, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- M.D., Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL
Areas of Specialty
- Nonoperative Treatment of Spinal Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Spinal Injections
- Trigger Point Injections
Current & Previous Appointments
- Staff Physician, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Awards & Honors
- 15-Year Service Recognition Award from Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Edward Hospital
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- American Medical Association
- Illinois State Medical Society
- International Spine Intervention Society