Robert J. Daley, M.D.
Knee & Hip
Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
Dr. Daley is one of Chicagoland’s leading surgeons in the areas of total knee replacement, minimally invasive knee and hip replacement, partial knee replacement, and knee arthroscopy. Dr. Daley gained national prominence when, as team physician for the Chicago White Sox, he performed Bo Jackson’s total hip replacement, allowing Jackson to successfully return to playing professional baseball. He also performed artificial knee replacement surgery on Dan Hampton, an NFL Hall of Fame defensive tackle for the Chicago Bears.
Dr. Daley is involved in the design and development of surgical implants for several manufacturers, giving him additional insight into determining the best solutions for his patients. He is a regularly featured speaker on orthopaedic topics related to the hip and knee.
Dr. Daley has advanced training and extensive experience in specialized joint surgery including the Brigham and Women’s Hospital Reconstructive Joint Surgery Fellowship (a teaching affiliate of Harvard Medical School).
- Fellowship, Reconstructive Joint Surgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Residency, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
- M.D., Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL
Areas of Specialty
- Robotic Total Knee Replacement
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Total Hip Replacement
Current & Previous Appointments
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Former Team Physician, Chicago White Sox
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Awards & Honors
- US News & World Report Top Doctor, Orthopaedics
Dr. Robert J. Daley has been recognized as one of Castle Connolly Top Doctors in Illinois for the specialty of Orthopedic Surgery since 2013.
- Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Presence St. Joseph Medical Center
- Silver Cross Hospital
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- Tinley Woods Surgery Center
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- American Medical Association
Dr. Daley and his PA were fantastic...patient, kind, informative, knowledgeable and friendly. The x-ray room person was also very good. I love Hinsdale Ortho and I am always happy with the care I receive there.