Michael R. Zindrick, M.D.
Staff Physician, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
Dr. Zindrick is one of the leading spine surgeons in the United States. He has dedicated the last 25 years of his career treating patients with back and spine disorders. As the Clinical Director of the Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital and Adventist Hinsdale Hospital Spinal Surgery and Research Fellowship Program, he is actively involved in training other spinal surgeons from around the world. A noted author and researcher in the field of spine care, Dr. Zindrick is continually invited to speak and present his research findings internationally.
Dr. Zindrick joined Hinsdale Orthopaedics in 1985 after finishing his orthopaedic surgery residency at Loyola University Medical Center. Dr. Zindrick completed spine surgery fellowship training at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in Long Beach, California. During his career with Hinsdale Orthopaedics, Dr. Zindrick has been a clinical associate professor in orthopaedic surgery at Loyola University and has acted as faculty course participant at universities, hospitals, and orthopaedic associations internationally.
Dr. Zindrick has served as an examiner for the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He was a reviewing editor for Spine journal and has also served as past program chairman for the North American Spine Society. He is an active member of numerous professional organizations including the North American Spine Society and the International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine.
For three decades, Dr. Zindrick has been one of the leading spine surgeons in the United States. While he no longer performs surgery, he continues to see patients in clinic, treating them nonoperatively and referring them to the appropriate spine surgeon when indicated.
- Fellowship, Spinal Surgery, Long Beach Memorial Hospital, Long Beach, CA
- Residency, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
- Internship, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL
- M.D., Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL
Areas of Specialty
- Adult and Pediatric Disorders of the Spine
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
Current & Previous Appointments
- Staff Physician, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Clinical Associate Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery, Loyola University
- Program Chairman, North American Spine Society, 2007 Annual Meeting
- Clinical Director, Research and Spinal Surgery Fellowship Program
- Journal reviewer, SPINE, Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, The Spine Journal
- Author/co-author of orthopaedic-related research publications and text books
- Regional, national, and international guest lecturer
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Spinal Surgery
- Certified Independent Medical Examiner (ABIME)
Awards & Honors
- US News & World Report Top Doctor, Orthopaedics
- Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Elmhurst Memorial Hospital
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Association
- Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons
- Illinois State Medical Society
- International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine
- North American Spine Society
- Scoliosis Research Society
Dr. Zindrick, Kelly, his PA and especially his support staff, Jennifer, were outstanding throughout my experience. This is my 2nd surgery done by Dr. Zindrick and have recommended him to many friends and family members. Overall excellent care, 2nd to none.
I seldom give the best reply in such surveys but Dr. Zindrick made room for me in his schedule to correspond to my need for information. Dr. Zindrick was very attentive and assuring in review of my diagnosis and I would highly recommend his services.