- Kris J. Alden, M.D., Ph.D.
- Steven G. Bardfield, M.D.
- Debdut Biswas, M.D.
- Brian J. Burgess, D.P.M.
- Giridhar Burra, M.D.
- Steven C. Chudik, M.D.
- Michael J. Collins, M.D.
- Robert J. Daley, M.D.
- Ashraf H. Darwish, M.D.
- Benjamin G. Domb, M.D.
- Evan A. Dougherty, M.D.
- Michael C. Durkin, M.D.
- Bradley D. Dworsky, M.D.
- Marc R. Fajardo, M.D.
- Bernard J. Feldman, M.D.
- Maria Francis, D.O.
- Bryant S. Ho, M.D.
- Jason G. Hurbanek, M.D.
- Marie Kirincic, M.D.
- Justin M. LaReau, M.D.
- Mark A. Lorenz, M.D.
- Steven S. Louis, M.D.
- Edward T. Marcoski, M.D.
- Steven W. Miller, D.P.M.
- Elliot A. Nacke, M.D.
- Ronak M. Patel, M.D.
- Anuj S. Puppala, M.D.
- Cary R. Templin, M.D.
- Robert J. Thorsness, M.D.
- Leah R. Urbanosky, M.D.
- Michael R. Zindrick, M.D.
Debdut Biswas, M.D.
Hand, Wrist & Elbow
Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
A native of Northeast Ohio, Dr. Biswas earned his medical degree as well as a Master of Health Science at the Yale University School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut. Under the direction of internationally recognized authorities in musculoskeletal surgery, he completed his Orthopaedic Surgery residency at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. He pursued further subspecialty fellowship training in hand and microvascular surgery at the University of Washington and Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, Washington, one of the world's busiest and highly regarded tertiary referral centers for hand disorders and upper extremity trauma.
Dr. Biswas' practice is focused on the surgical treatment of disorders and injuries affecting the hand, wrist and elbow. He has developed a particular interest in the management of complex distal radius fractures and postttraumatic elbow stiffness. He is extensively trained in the latest techniques of wrist arthroscopy and microvascular surgery, including peripheral nerve reconstruction and microsurgical replantation for hand and digit amputations.
Dr. Biswas' mission is to provide expertise and clinical care that would be available at any of the nation's leading hand centers. He is committed to providing compassionate, world-class hand and upper extremity care to the patients of Hinsdale Orthopaedics.
- Fellowship, Hand and Microvascular Surgery, University of Washington and Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Internship, General Surgery, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- M.D., Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
- M.H.S., Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
- B.A., Cornell University, College of Arts and Sciences, Ithaca, NY
Areas of Specialty
- Hand, Wrist, Elbow & Microvascular Surgery
- Compression Neuropathy (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome & Cubital Tunnel Syndrome)
- Complex Trauma of the Hand, Wrist & Elbow
- Elbow & Wrist Arthroscopy
- Elbow Contractures, Instability & Reconstruction
- Nerve Injury & Reconstruction, Including Tendon Transfer
- Osteoarthritis & Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Upper Extremity
Current & Previous Appointments
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
- Adventist LaGrange Memorial Hospital
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Edward Hospital
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)American Society of Surgery of the Hand