- Kris J. Alden, M.D., Ph.D.
- Steven G. Bardfield, M.D.
- Debdut Biswas, M.D.
- Brian J. Burgess, D.P.M.
- Giridhar Burra, M.D.
- Steven C. Chudik, M.D.
- Michael J. Collins, M.D.
- Robert J. Daley, M.D.
- Ashraf H. Darwish, M.D.
- Benjamin G. Domb, M.D.
- Evan A. Dougherty, M.D.
- Michael C. Durkin, M.D.
- Bradley D. Dworsky, M.D.
- Marc R. Fajardo, M.D.
- Bernard J. Feldman, M.D.
- Maria Francis, D.O.
- Bryant S. Ho, M.D.
- Jason G. Hurbanek, M.D.
- Marie Kirincic, M.D.
- Justin M. LaReau, M.D.
- Mark A. Lorenz, M.D.
- Steven S. Louis, M.D.
- Edward T. Marcoski, M.D.
- Steven W. Miller, D.P.M.
- Elliot A. Nacke, M.D.
- Ronak M. Patel, M.D.
- Anuj S. Puppala, M.D.
- Cary R. Templin, M.D.
- Robert J. Thorsness, M.D.
- Leah R. Urbanosky, M.D.
- Michael R. Zindrick, M.D.
Benjamin G. Domb, M.D.
Sports Medicine & Arthroscopic Surgery
Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
Dr. Benjamin Domb is an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in Sports Medicine. He has been rated amongst the Top Doctors in the country by the NY Times, US News & World Report, and Castle Connelly. He is the founder of the American Hip Institute, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to educating, innovating, and improving the minimally invasive treatment of hip injuries.
Dr. Domb has treated numerous professional, Olympic, and elite level athletes, including players for the NFL, NBA, and NHL. He is Head Team Physician for the WNBA’s Chicago Sky, and has cared for the Los Angeles Lakers, Dodgers, Kings and Galaxy. Dr. Domb is amongst the most experienced hip arthroscopy surgeons in the United States, and is one of the first five surgeons to perform robotic hip replacement. He is the inventor of cutting edge techniques in arthroscopy to repair injuries such as a torn labrum, impingement, or gluteus medius tear. Dr. Domb treats patients from across the country who travel to Chicago for their surgery, and he takes pride in caring for every patient like a professional athlete.
As the author of more than 70 publications in the field of Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery, Dr. Domb lectures and teaches courses regularly for orthopaedic surgeons around the country. His pioneering techniques in hip arthroscopy have been published in Journal of Arthroscopy and American Journal of Sports Medicine. He is a 12-time invited speaker at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting, and is actively involved in research and development of techniques in arthroscopic surgery.
- Fellowship, Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery, Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic, Los Angeles, CA
- Fellowship, Hip Arthroscopy and Joint Preservation
- Nashville Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center, Nashville, TN
- Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Schulthess Klinik, Zurich, SwitzerlandSteadman-Hawkins Clinic, Vail, CO
- Residency, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- M.D., Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certified Independent Medical Examiner (ABIME)
Areas of Specialty
- Arthroscopic Surgery of the Hip, Shoulder, and Knee
- Sports Medicine
Current & Previous Appointments
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Director of Orthopaedic Surgery, Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
- Founder and Medical Director, American Hip Institute
- Former Assistant Team Physician, Los Angeles Lakers
- Former Assistant Team Physician, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Former Assistant Team Physician, Los Angeles Kings
- Former Assistant Team Physician, Los Angeles Galaxy
- Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalWeiss Memorial Hospital
- Munster Specialty Surgery Center
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- Head Team Physician, Chicago Sky
- Team Physician, Hinsdale Central High School
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- "Dr. Domb did an excellent job explaining the situation to me so I could completely understand what needed to be done in order to repair my hip. His confidence and comforting manner helped make the process much less overwhelming. The surgery went flawlessly and the physical therapy that followed brought me to full recovery. I can truthfully say that the best treatment, care and attention I have ever received were from Dr. Domb at Hinsdale Orthopedics. I cannot say enough how grateful I am for the genuine kindness and care I received from Dr. Domb and Hinsdale Orthopedics. Hinsdale Orthopedics is an excellent facility that provides the best care from their outstanding physicians. - Rachel M."
- "We are very impressed with Dr. Domb and his staff. Bedside manner is important for any doctor, PA, nurse, and other staff to have. Dr. Domb has a very caring manner and seems to be VERY knowledgeable in his field of expertise. We feel that Dr. Domb has made it a personal achievement to be the best that he can be for his patients. His attention to detail and his staff’s attention to detail has made all the difference in helping Gavin return to normal capabilities and even get back on the ice."
- "Dr. Domb is a great and caring man with impressive professional knowledge, skills, and great character. He is a perfectionist, paying attention to every detail during the whole treatment process. Thanks to Dr. Domb, only three months after the surgery, I feel great and the pain is completely gone. I do not feel any lack of performance, or limitations due to an artificial hip. Thank you so very much for changing and improving my life, Dr. Domb."