Ashraf H. Darwish, M.D.
Spinal Surgery & Disorders
Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
Dr. Ashraf Darwish offers comprehensive care solutions, allowing patients to return quickly to active and healthy lifestyles. His main interests in orthopaedics are diagnosing and treating disorders of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine.
The cornerstone of Dr. Darwish’s care philosophy is to utilize surgery as the last option. He often recommends nonsurgical solutions for the relief of neck and back pain including diagnostic procedures, pain management, physical therapy, and return to work programs.
For patients who are good surgical candidates, Dr. Darwish has had extensive training in procedures that range from common to the more complex, such as minimally invasive surgery, microsurgery, decompression and fusion, and deformity correction. Dr. Darwish’s personal mission is to provide individualized care for each patient.
- Fellowship, Spine Surgery, The Texas Back Institute, Dallas, TX
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Internship, Orthopaedic Surgery, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- M.D., Southern Illinois University, Springfield, IL
- J.D., Southern Illinois University Law School, Carbondale, IL
Areas of Specialty
- Adult Spinal Disorders
- Cervical, Thoracic, and Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Spinal Decompression and Fusion
- Spinal Instrumentation
Current & Previous Appointments
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
- Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Edward Hospital
- Elmhurst Memorial Hospital
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association Physician Member
- American College of Legal Medicine Member
- North American Spine Society