- Kris J. Alden, M.D., Ph.D.
- Steven G. Bardfield, M.D.
- Debdut Biswas, M.D.
- Brian J. Burgess, D.P.M.
- Giridhar Burra, M.D.
- Steven C. Chudik, M.D.
- Michael J. Collins, M.D.
- Robert J. Daley, M.D.
- Ashraf H. Darwish, M.D.
- Benjamin G. Domb, M.D.
- Evan A. Dougherty, M.D.
- Michael C. Durkin, M.D.
- Bradley D. Dworsky, M.D.
- Marc R. Fajardo, M.D.
- Bernard J. Feldman, M.D.
- Maria Francis, D.O.
- Bryant S. Ho, M.D.
- Jason G. Hurbanek, M.D.
- Marie Kirincic, M.D.
- Justin M. LaReau, M.D.
- Mark A. Lorenz, M.D.
- Steven S. Louis, M.D.
- Edward T. Marcoski, M.D.
- Steven W. Miller, D.P.M.
- Elliot A. Nacke, M.D.
- Ronak M. Patel, M.D.
- Anuj S. Puppala, M.D.
- Cary R. Templin, M.D.
- Robert J. Thorsness, M.D.
- Leah R. Urbanosky, M.D.
- Michael R. Zindrick, M.D.
Ashraf H. Darwish, M.D.
Spinal Surgery & Disorders
Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
Dr. Ashraf Darwish offers comprehensive care solutions, allowing patients to return quickly to active and healthy lifestyles. His main interests in orthopaedics are diagnosing and treating disorders of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine.
The cornerstone of Dr. Darwish’s care philosophy is to utilize surgery as the last option. He often recommends nonsurgical solutions for the relief of neck and back pain including diagnostic procedures, pain management, physical therapy, and return to work programs.
For patients who are good surgical candidates, Dr. Darwish has had extensive training in procedures that range from common to the more complex, such as minimally invasive surgery, microsurgery, decompression and fusion, and deformity correction. Dr. Darwish’s personal mission is to provide individualized care for each patient.
- Fellowship, Spine Surgery, The Texas Back Institute, Dallas, TX
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Internship, Orthopaedic Surgery, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- M.D., Southern Illinois University, Springfield, IL
- J.D., Southern Illinois University Law School, Carbondale, IL
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Areas of Specialty
- Adult Spinal Disorders
- Cervical, Thoracic, and Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Spinal Decompression and Fusion
- Spinal Instrumentation
Current & Previous Appointments
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Adventist Hinsdale Hospital
- Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Edward Hospital
- Elmhurst Memorial Hospital
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association Physician Member
- American College of Legal Medicine Member
- North American Spine Society
- "Dr. Darwish and his staff have been outstanding from our first consultations, throughout the surgery and recovery at the hospital, and now in the post-op follow up appointments. Everyone is courteous, knowledgeable, professional, and very personable. We have already recommended Dr. Darwish to a neighbor. Oct 28th, 2015"
- "Dr. Darwish was very kind and compassionate. He made us feel comfortable during a stressful time. After trying physical therapy and injections for my low back and leg pain, he recommended surgery. I had a minimally invasive L4 L5 fusion and went home the same day. I was walking within 2 hours of surgery. I would recommend him to anyone who has spine problems and needs a good doctor that will treat you with respect. Apr 30th, 2016"
- "Dr. Darwish did an incredible job on a C5 C6 C7 cervical stenosis disc displacement surgery. Through this whole process Dr. Darwish and his P.A. Ashley were so patient and understanding. They answered all my questions and their confidence gave me the peace I needed to endure a surgery. I just completed a 2 week follow up visit, post surgery. The healing is ahead of schedule and i will have no scars. P.S. my wife thinks his P.A. is top notch also. Both have a great spirit. Jul 03, 2016"