Ashley Michelsen, MMS, PA-C
Physician Assistant for Dr. Darwish
Ashley Michelsen, MMS, PA-C, is a board-certified physician assistant who specializes in orthopaedics with an emphasis on disorders of the spine. Ashley joined Hinsdale Orthopaedics in 2011 and is licensed to practice medicine as well as prescribe most medications in the state of Illinois under physician supervision. Ashley conducts physical exams, diagnoses and treats orthopaedic injuries, orders and interprets tests, provides patient education, assists in the operating room, performs inpatient rounds, and prescribes medication.
Ashley received her undergraduate degree in biological sciences summa cum laude from the University of Illinois at Chicago. Her passion for orthopaedics stems from working as a physical therapy aid while in college. Ashley received her masters in physician assistant studies, magna cum laude, at Midwestern University in Downers Grove, Illinois. Working together as a team, she and Dr. Darwish focus on the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of degenerative and traumatic disorders of the spine.
- M.M.S., Physician Assistant Studies, Midwestern University, Downers Grove, IL
- B.S., Biological Sciences, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
Areas of Specialty
Current & Previous Appointments
- Staff PA, Hinsdale Orthopaedics
- Privileges at Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital, Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Adventist La Grange Hospital, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Elmhurst Memorial Hospital, Munster Specialty Surgery Center, Weiss Memorial Hospital
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- Physician Assistants in Orthopaedics Surgery (PAOS)